Preparation Time: 10 mins
Cooking Time: 70 mins
Meal Occasion: Main course
Pasta Shape: Large Shells
|Substitute Shape:||Small Shells, Orrechiette|
- Place eggplant slices on wire rack, sprinkle with salt, stand 30 minutes then rinse and drain.
- Cook pasta according to packet directions and drain.
- Heat oil in large pan, add onion and garlic. Cook, stirring, until onion is soft. Stir in tomatoes, tomato paste, water and sugar. Bring to boil then simmer uncovered for 10 minutes.
- Stir in zucchini, beef and tarragon. Simmer for further 15 minutes.
- Stir in pasta and simmer, uncovered until mixture is slightly thickened.
- Spread 1/3 of beef mixture into 2 Â½ litre capacity greased ovenproof dish. Top with a layer of eggplant. Repeat layering, finishing with the eggplant. Cover top with the cheese and bake in oven at 200Â°C for 25 minutes or until eggplant is tender and cheese brown.
To add this Recipe to My Recipe Book please login above.
New User? Register here.