Preparation Time: 30 mins
Cooking Time: 35 mins
Meal Occasion: Main course
Pasta Shape: Instant Cannelloni Tubes
- Heat oil and 40g of butter in a saucepan on medium heat. Add garlic, leeks and spring onion, cook for 3 to 4 mins until tender.
- Next place crab to pan and cook for a further 2 to 3 mins to infuse the flavours.
- Season with salt, pepper and add dill and the zest of 1 lemon. Place into a colander and cool. Allowing excess liquid to be removed.
- Add ricotta, bread crumbs and egg to crab mix. Mix well.
- Place milk into a saucepan along with saffron and slowly bring to the boil. Then turn off.
- Melt remaining butter in a saucepan, on medium heat. Place flour to pan and cook for 2 to 3mins, using a wooden spoon to stir.
- Turn down heat and gradually mix in milk to pan. Continually stirring until smooth. Cook for 10mins or until thickened on low heat. Season with salt and pepper.
- Finally add, 50g of parmesan to pan and set aside.
- Take cannelloni tubes and fill with crab mix. In a baking dish, pour half of the milk sauce over the base of the baking dish. Place cannelloni tubes, side by side.
- Pour remaining milk sauce over cannelloni. Bake for in a moderate oven for 30 to 35mins. Test with a skewer to check if cooked.
To add this Recipe to My Recipe Book please login above.
New User? Register here.