Cannelloni with Spinach & Ricotta
Preparation Time: 15 mins
Cooking Time: 30 mins
Meal Occasion: Main course
Pasta Shape: Instant Cannelloni Tubes
San Remo Reg Cannelloni 200g
425g can tomato puree
2 tbsp olive oil
1/2 cup grated cheese (plus extra for serving)
250g frozen spinach (thawed)
Salt and pepper to taste
1/2 cup thickened cream (optional)
1 level tsp ground basil leaves
Pinch of nutmeg
1 clove garlic, crushed
2 egg yolks, lightly beaten
225g fresh ricotta or cream cheese
- Mix spinach, ricotta cheese, egg yolks, garlic, grated cheese, nutmeg, salt and pepper together thoroughly in a medium sized bowl.
- Fill cannelloni tubes with the prepared mixture
- To make the sauce, heat olive oil in frying pan, add tomato puree, basil, salt and pepper and bring to the boil. Remove from heat.
- Grease an oven proof baking dish and pour layer of sauce over the base leaving enough to cover cannelloni.
- Place a single layer of filled cannelloni side by side in the baking dish. Pour over the remaining sauce and if desired thick cream. Sprinkle with grated cheese.
- Bake in oven at 200 degrees Celsius for 25-35 minutes (test by pricking with a skewer)