Preparation Time: 15 mins
Cooking Time: 120 mins
Meal Occasion: Main course, EntrĂ©e
Pasta Shape: Risoni
|Substitute Shape:||Soup Pasta, Macaroni|
- Soak beans in water overnight.
- When ready to use, drain beans, place in a large saucepan with celery, onion, carrot, garlic, parsley and ham bone. Add enough water to cover those ingredients.
- Simmer gently about 2 hours or until beans are tender, adding water from time to time to keep level of liquid the same.
- When the beans are cooked, remove half of them, blend to a puree and then return again to the soup.
- Add Risoni and continue cooking until ready. If soup is too thick add more water.
- Stir in grated cheese and season with salt and pepper.
To add this Recipe to My Recipe Book please login above.
New User? Register here.