Preparation Time: 15 mins
Cooking Time: 90 - 60 mins
Meal Occasion: Main course
Pasta Shape: Wholemeal Lasagna
- Heat oil over low-medium heat in a large saucepan
- Add onion and garlic and cook, stirring, for 5 minutes.
- Add capsicums and cook gently for 5 minutes.
- Add tomatoes and tomato paste and cook for 3 minutes.
- Season with salt and pepper
- Mix ricotta, eggs and basil. Season with salt and pepper
- Pour 1/2 cup of the capsicum sauce into a lightly greased baking dish.
- Alternate layers of lasagna, capsicum sauce and ricotta, ending with the ricotta layer (allow for 4 layers)
- Sprinkle with parmesan cheese
- Bake in oven for 45 minutes or until cooked through (test if cooked by pricking with a fork). Let stand for 5 minutes before serving.
Hint: For perfect lasagna, make sure that the lasagna sheets are completely covered with the capsicum sauce and ricotta. Important to retain a high level of moisture.
To add this Recipe to My Recipe Book please login above.
New User? Register here.