Preparation Time: 15 mins
Cooking Time: 120 - 90 mins
Meal Occasion: Main course
Pasta Shape: spaghetti
|Substitute Shape:||Instant Spaghetti, Tubular Spaghetti, Thick Spaghetti|
- Combine mince, onion, garlic, stock cube, bread crumbs and egg in a bowl. Roll suitable amount (1 tablespoon) into a ball and repeat with all the mixture, cover and refrigerate 30 minutes.
- Toss meatballs into flour, shake off excess flour and fry in hot oil until well browned all over; drain on absorbent paper.
- Heat oil in pan, add onion and garlic and cook until brown. Stir in tomatoes, tomato paste, herbs, stock cube, water and sugar. Bring to boil and simmer for 30 minutes.
- Cook spaghetti according to packet directions, drain and keep warm.
- Just before serving, add meatballs to sauce, cover, simmer for 10 minutes or until meatballs are tender.
- Serve spaghetti with meatball sauce and sprinkling of cheese, hot.
To add this Recipe to My Recipe Book please login above.
New User? Register here.