Preparation Time: 15 mins
Cooking Time: 210 - 180 mins
Meal Occasion: Main course
Pasta Shape: Rigatoni
|Substitute Shape:||Large Rigatoni, Penne, Zita Penne|
- In a large pot, heat olive oil on medium heat. Place onion, carrot, celery, bay leaves and garlic in pot and cook for 5 to 10 minutes or until soft, add veal and brown quite well.
- Next, place sage, olives and wine into the pot and simmer for 2 to 3 minutes.
- Pour tomatoes into pot and stir. Bring to the boil and cook for between 1Â½ to 2 hours or until veal is very tender, season with salt and pepper.
- Pre heat oven to 180Â°C.
- Cook pasta as per packet directions.
- Once pasta is cooked, mix ragu through the pasta and place in a deep baking dish.
Bocconcini and Bread Crust
- Take the bread and break into bite size pieces and place in a bowl.
- Add crushed bocconcini and parmesan to bread.
- Add olive oil and mix through.
- Season with salt and pepper.
- Place crust over pasta in baking dish, spreading it evenly.
- Place in the oven and bake for 15 to 20 minutes or until bocconcini is melted and brown.
To add this Recipe to My Recipe Book please login above.
New User? Register here.